Thursday, June 4, 2009

When Votes Overcome Core Beliefs

(Note: My blog site www.mikeflemingonline.com and my e-mail address is www.mike@mikeflemingonline.com.)

I continue to follow the march of federal appeals judge Sonia Sotomajor to replace one liberal for another in the U.S. Supreme Court. Actually, I will tell you that this judge, if confirmed, will be the biggest liberal to ever serve on the high court. Remember, this is a lifetime deal.
Many conservatives have put on the heat, incliding former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who called the jurist a racist as a result of one her many flaps when she said a wise Latina woman would make a better decision in a discrimination case than a white man would.
I don't agree with that at all, do you?
The thing that bothered me the most when I heard her comments is my point that the law is the law and she should abide that fact. Period.
Well, now the apologies are flowing. Gingrich has backed away.
I'm here to tell you that it's shameful to see this happen.
Core beliefs of these who are now walking down the middle of a highway is absurd; they are caving because of -- you guessed it -- her sex and background and therefore we conservatives have to look at the impact it will have on Hispanics and how they will vote in future elections.
I will now tell you that Sonia Sotomajor will be confirmed overwhelmingly by the Judiciary Committee and then the Senate. She will carry with her biases in the hallowed halls of the Supreme Court and make us forget her most liberal ways.
There, I said it....and I will not apologize or back down

1 comment:

  1. I am sick of Gengrich. He used to be quite the conservative. He can forget about running for th office of the presidency. His recent comments, his adultry, divorce, and remarriage, and his recent conversion to Catholicism all tell me he cannot make up his mind about what he believes!

    ReplyDelete