Wednesday, May 27, 2009

California Got It Right

To those who think California is the land of fruits and nuts, well, you got it right.
It's one of the reasons I thought the California Supreme Court would strike down the vote of the people who exercised their vote to ban same-sex marriage.
Admit it, you -- like me -- who accepted the ban would be overturned were stunned, shocked, to see the court do what it should have done. The people, even in California, have gotten to the point to where this idea that those three magnificent words "We The People" still means something had disappeared.
Now, I know you detractors out there, are saying "come on Fleming, you wouldn't be saying this is the court had done what you conservatives were confident would happen." Oh, yes I would. See, that's the difference between me and you. I still have faith in the court system in this country. Think these who would burn down the court building in California feel the same way? Of course not.
So, let me close this offering that the court has left me totally surprised at its rendering.
But, there should never have been any doubt about what the court did yesterday.
None. And remember: There had to be more than conservatives who voted the way they did. That must really upset you. Now I'm beginning to have hope once again.

(Remember my blog site is mike@mikeflemingonline.com Spread the news when you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment