Sunday, May 17, 2009

Something This Columnist Can't Comprehend

I give up. I absolutely give up. I force myself to read the Morning Publication's Metro columnist and then I head for the restroom to purge myself.

I consider her to be ill-informed, or just plain ill.
What's my latest rant with her? Simple. She has attacked Tennesseans for having the gall to vote against Barack Hussein Obama. Shame on all of us who did it, she rails. Let this ring true with this gal: I can walk and chew gum at the same time and, besides, I make the point that I, along with thousands of other Tennesseans, may -- just may -- have it right. There, swallow that one.

She went through a myriad of gripes, not the least of which is the Morning Publication's war against gun owners. Make no mistake about it: This newspaper is anti-gun. Now that this is an established fact, the impetus of the entire newspaper on this issue is wholly out of step with Tennesseans. We are sick and tired of crime and there is only one way to even come close to one's safety: To arm yourself. I will also say that the newspaper is dishonest about its coverage of this issue.
I hope and pray that the Metro columnist, like the misguided editor and editor of the Editorial page, never face an armed intruder while you are looking for a pencil to protest. I hope it never happens. If it does, God help you. Thousand of gun-owners will have a much better chance of surviving.

So sit on your throne and tell the rest of us how to lead our lives. Nobody's reading your crap anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Every day, I get calls from the Commercial Appeal to try to sell me advertising. Every day, I tell them we will not deal with them while they have an anti-gun agenda. Specifally, I tell them my company won't deal with them while they have the handgun permit database up. I'm firm, but polite. And I take the calls. Day after day after day, repeating the same thing politely.

    Today, I called the manager of the classified ad division and left a message; I've not received a call back. Those fools have no clue the subscription and advertising revenue they've cost themselves. The supreme arrogance they display with their mockery of their primary audience dispels any sense of competence the organization could try to display to future shareholders; without chane, the newspaper is dead to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cancelled my subscription a few months ago during the gun posting. I was only a Sunday subscriber. Now I get a paper almost every day! I am thinking about filing a littering complaint against them since I have to pick the trash up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going to cancel my subscription because I want to keep on eye on them. However, I do not ever waste my time reading WT because she is so irrelevant. Peck and Sanford, you must admit, are amusing at times. At least we have a number of citizens who write in thoughtful comments that actually may change a few attitudes. What I really would love to know about the 600,000 plus readers are the demographics. What is the age, zip code, education level, sex, income, and political affiliation of the readers? That would tell us and should tell the CA who they should be catering to.

    ReplyDelete