Sunday, May 17, 2009

My New E-Mail Address..........

It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen, but it applies to me, too.
When one leaves a radio station, especially if it means leaving because of downsizing, then you might as well have fallen off the face of the Earth.
Don't believe me?
Call ClearChannel Memphis, home of the former Mike Fleming Radio Program, and they will say, "Who?" Don't blame the person who answers; they're under orders from management.
How juvenile!
You'd think as much money and ratings I delivered to them, they would be more understanding, After all, the company that downsized me let me go with no thank yous or anything else. They did have the decency to allow me to walk out without a security guard clinching his hand on his weapon.
Well, to all you wonderful people out there who have supported me through the years, I am not dead. Contary wo what some things are going around, I was not released because somebody else had better ratings than me. Don't bleieve that hogwash. It really chaps me when I hear these lame-brained excuses. Understand that I will always fight when my record is attacked. I standf on my record and awards.
By the way, my new blog site is mike@mikeflemingonline.com. Stay in touch and pass this around to everybody you know.
Until next time, stay well and keep in touch.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike, glad to see you online. I think that Clear Channel made a major mistake staff wise here. :|

    I wish you well and look forward to reading this blog.

    By the way, I hear you say "The Morning Publication" often. Are you referring to the commercial appeal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, We knew it was not the ratings. No one was better informed, had the intellect, had the verbal skills, had the listening audience, had the superb contacts, and had the creativity to entertain and not bore us for 3 hours every day. I doubt it was a local decision. It had to be management elsewhere who does not know the local market and the same managment who are not managing but are mismanaging Clear Channel. If they go under, what will conservative talk radio do? We just need to get you on another radio show to compete with 600 and they will see the folly of their ways. Nothing against Ben, but as the saying goes, He is no Mike Fleming!

    ReplyDelete