Thursday, July 23, 2009

Huh?

Huh?
So help me, this is a comment City Councilman Barbara Swearengen Ware made in the heat of guns in our parks controversy paraphrased: We’ve got enough illegal guns in the park; we don’t need to add to the list (with legitimate permit holders).
Wow!
Looks to me like we’ve got this all wrong, but that’s not news. All these anti-gun lugnuts have their focus (and venom) focused in the wrong direction. Look, I don’t want anyone to lose their life, but we’ve got a huge problem with this campaign directed against legitimate protection rights.
Madam councilman Ware, like the leadership of the Morning Publication, are all wet, in my opinion. Their focus is in the wrong direction.
Remember Ms. Ware’s absurd words, we’ve got enough illegal guns in the parks and we don’t need more.
And let me add, once again delivered with disdain, the editor of the Morning Publication, Chris Peck. This fellow is a hypocrite. He directed his Nashville staff to focus on a report that permit holders were responsible for seven police officers. That’s sad by any measurement. But what galls me is Peck and his ilk don’t seem to direct their “guns” are the real problem. Why do I say this? Buried, and I mean buried, in that report was this admission: The 50 shooting deaths by permit holders is a tiny fraction of the estimated 30,000 people killed in firearm homicides, accidents and suicides annually in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment