Sunday, July 5, 2009

A New Name Game In Memphis

I can’t tell you how happy I am that Memphis Mayor “King” Willie Herenton and 9th District Congressman Steve Cohen are going to be involved in the biggest political fight ever in Memphis. The Mayor threw out the “A” hole word at Cohen in an interview with Memphis’ tabloid.
My only problem with Herenton is he didn’t include his own name on this prestigious list. Shame on you, Mr. Mayor. If anyone belongs on it, His Majesty does.
Cohen is well-known for his temper and Herenton will exploit it every chance he gets. Cohen’s temper was recently seen when he kicked an Armenian-American out of his Midtown house during a press interview. The man has planned a documentary about the U.S. Congress’ support of aid to and support to the Turkish government.
Armenians were slaughtered decades ago by the Turks and they have never forgotten it.
Anyway, I may just start my own list that Herenton has started.
One of my first choices is a fellow that shall remain nameless (and clueless) in Talk Radio. He gives Talk Radio a bad name and he Thaddeus Mathews, a real scumbag if there ever was one. He deserves this “prestigious” spot because he shoots first and asks questions later. Let me be clear: He is what’s bad with Talk Radio and is something I loathe.
Matthews’ latest harangue with what he’s best at: Racial warfare. He’s never far from engaging in it and Memphis has enough of his kind. He’s attacked Shelby County Mayor AC Wharton and, amazingly, Wharton did what Matthews was hoping for – he responded to him.
Mr. Mayor, you caved. This racial scoundrel wants that and nothing else. Help all of us by minimizing this racemonger. Please. He’s making me reconsider my steadfast point that freedom of speech is one of our most cherished and treasured rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment