Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Black Caucus' Extremism Rears Its Ugly Head

Well, I was wrong. I thought, maybe for the first time, that the Democrats' Black Caucus would pass on its usual black outrage when anything Republican comes into play. Silly me. Here's the latest: The caucus wants to smash the conservative Rep. Joe Wilson R-South Carolina) who dared say "You lie!" to the President of the United States during his tough talk about the health care issue. Rep. James Clyburn, the House Majority Whip, a black man from South Carolina told the Washington Post, he believes the dastardly act smacks of racism. This sickening reaction of the charge on this issue, like 90 million other times in kneejerk fashion, is too much. What ever happened to that line, "Can't we just all get along?"? I don't know but I do know there is not a shread of evidence Wilson's words were anything but an emotional, honest disagreement with the President. You know it and I know it. This is an emotionally-charged issue and Obama has handled it poorly. Maybe the Black Causus senses that and are just protecting the nation's first black President. Now, I wish Wilson hadn't yelled at the President, but I also criticize groups like the Black Caucus for their typical overraction. I know I'm asking for a lot and it might be impossible, but I do know one thing: This defense of the President by using the racial defense is absurd. The automatic assumption that Wilson is a racist simply because he's white and from South Carolina is sickening. Until we conservatives deal with this kind of rank intimidation has to be challenged with fervor and aggressiveness. Wilson has apologized twice. That should be enough. As I said, this issue is as tough as it gets, and now, thank you very much, the caldron has been stirred by silly members of the Black Causus. Oh, one more thing: I defy any liberal to tell me the treatment from the right is anywhere near the treatment delivered President George Bush from the sickos on the left. Any takers on this bet?

No comments:

Post a Comment