Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's About Time On Purging The Voting Rolls

Let's make this simple: I'm outraged at the criticism leveled at the Republican-controlled voter rolls in Shelby County. It's absurd; it's shallow. This is something that has been needed for quite some time and it took the Republicans to do it. Now many blacks -- naturally -- are yelling racism. Just shut up, will you? According to my information, about 60,000 have been purged, many, MANY of them Republicans. More cuts are coming and I don't think any amount of pressure from the black community will matter. Remember how this happened? Democrats have controlled the election commissions around the state for a long, long time. Here's how it works: the party winning control of the House and Senate in the legislature also gain control of the election commissions. It's a powerful thing. Republicans won control of both houses in the last election. It was guaranteed to bring calls of racism, but Joseph Kyles, a community activist, couldn't resist the charges of racism. I asked him recently if he could name me one instance of fraud. I'm still waiting for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment