Sunday, September 27, 2009

Why, I Didn't Know That.....Did You?

Chris Peck is the editor of the Morning Publication and I have said before he is the poorest editor the newspaper has ever had. Is this a personal observation? Of course it is. I'm sure he has relationships with those who say my point is dead wrong. Fine. But let's move on. Today's newspaper is heavy with the results of crime in Memphis. Crime, with education right up there, is the most damaging aspect of living in Memphis. Now the newspaper has outdone itself. It is spending a lot of money and time telling us what surely we all know: Crime is draining this community. Did you know this? Was there anything -- ANYTHING -- new in this series that will run for numerous weeks? Look, I was involved in a similar crime spread when I was at the newspaper. What consumed our study then and Peck's "revelations" now brought us to a rock-hard conclusion: What's true then is true now: There's nothing new and nobody, including Peck, has any answers. So I can't wait for the summation. Oh, forgive me: I've already given you the summation.

No comments:

Post a Comment